Nestled in the vibrant East End of London, Shoreditch stands as a haven for creativity, innovation, and a dynamic nightlife scene. Amidst the eclectic mix of street art, trendy boutiques, and diverse culinary offerings, cocktail bars in Shoreditch shine as beacons of mixology excellence. In this article, we explore the spirited world of cocktail bars that define the sophisticated and ever-evolving drinking culture of Shoreditch.
- Callooh Callay: Where Quirk Meets Mixology MasteryStep through the wardrobe-like entrance of Callooh Callay, and you’re transported into a whimsical wonderland of cocktails. This Shoreditch gem boasts a menu that balances creative flair with expert mixology. The venue is renowned for its quirky decor, with each room offering a unique atmosphere. Don’t miss the chance to explore the hidden Jubjub bar, accessible through a wardrobe door.
- Nightjar: An Intimate Jazz-infused OasisTucked away in the heart of Shoreditch, Nightjar is a cocktail sanctuary renowned for its intimate setting and live jazz performances. The menu is a journey through time, featuring expertly crafted drinks inspired by different eras. With low lighting, plush seating, and a vintage vibe, Nightjar is a haven for those seeking a refined and laid-back cocktail experience. Read a more indepth review of Nightjar in Shoreditch over on Drinking Dirty.
- Dishoom Shoreditch: A Bombay-Inspired Cocktail RetreatWhile primarily known for its delectable Indian cuisine, Dishoom Shoreditch surprises patrons with an impressive cocktail menu. The Permit Room, an elegant bar within the restaurant, offers a blend of classic and innovative cocktails. Sip on a Viceroy’s Old Fashioned or a refreshing Chaijito while soaking in the atmospheric charm reminiscent of 1960s Bombay.
- Joyeux Bordel: A Sultry Speakeasy HideawayBehind an unassuming door lies Joyeux Bordel, a speakeasy-style cocktail bar that exudes a sultry charm. The menu, curated by master mixologist and author Tony Conigliaro, features an array of expertly crafted drinks that push the boundaries of mixology. The dimly lit, intimate space creates an ideal setting for savoring each carefully concocted libation.
- The Cocktail Trading Co.: Playful Libations and Inventive CocktailsTrue to its name, The Cocktail Trading Co. in Shoreditch is where mixology meets playfulness. The menu showcases a sense of humor with creatively named and expertly crafted cocktails. The bar’s skilled mixologists experiment with flavors and presentation, delivering a lighthearted yet refined drinking experience.
- Discount Suit Company: A Nod to Shoreditch’s HistoryHoused in what was once a tailor’s workshop, Discount Suit Company seamlessly blends history with contemporary cocktail culture. The bar features an array of classic and bespoke drinks, served in a cozy and unpretentious setting. The intimate space and attention to detail make it a local favorite for those seeking a charming cocktail experience.
It’s worth pointing out here that if you’re more of a beer fan, there are some great pubs in Shoreditch to get a beer.
Shoreditch’s cocktail bars are a testament to the neighborhood’s dynamic spirit and commitment to innovation. Whether you’re in search of a whimsical wonderland at Callooh Callay, an intimate jazz-infused experience at Nightjar, or the inventive libations of The Cocktail Trading Co., Shoreditch’s cocktail scene offers a diverse range of options for discerning drinkers. So, the next time you find yourself wandering the lively streets of East London, embark on a cocktail journey through Shoreditch’s eclectic and sophisticated watering holes – each sip is an invitation to savor the unique character of this vibrant neighborhood. Cheers to the artistry of Shoreditch’s cocktail culture!
There are plenty of unique spots in Shoreditch to have a drink. Read a review for Boxpark in Shoreditch, the bar that is housed in old shipping containers!